WORLD BATTLE ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP
Where the pen is mightier, and the language is the true battleground.
WHAT IS BATTLE ENGLISH?
In the heart of this global linguistic showdown, English teachers from around the world test their mettle, transforming words into weapons and classrooms into battlefields. Here, knowledge reigns supreme, and every word counts. It's time to embrace the thrill of competition and the power of English language mastery.
Welcome to a new frontier of teaching – Battle English!
This is a competitive platform for English teachers worldwide, but it's so much more than that. Battle English is a movement aimed at revolutionizing the way we approach English language learning and teaching.
Battle English Leagues and the World Battle English Championship
There are three different battle English leagues:
- Language Luminaries - Under 100 points
- Grammar Guardians - Between 100 and 1,000 points
- Elite Educators - Over 1,000 points
How it works
Each battle consists of three rounds of competition: Critique Combat, the Grammar Gauntlet, and the Lesson Showdown. Our judges score each round and give their feedback. Every video is published on our website and our YouTube channel.
League play takes place year-round. Points accumulated during league play are not applied to the WBEC.
- There are two judges per battle. Each judge has 5 points that they must award each round.
- Spectators vote on each battle inside the Battle English Comm unity and winner gets 1 additional point for that round.
- The maximum number of standard points a challenger can get in a battle is 34 (if both judges and the spectators give maximum points).
The World Battle English Championship includes five stages:
- Stage 1: Random Battles
- Competitors are chosen randomly and assigned to battle.
- Stage 2: Ranked Battles
- The highest scoring competitors battle the lowest scoring competitors from the first stage.
- Stage 3: Quarterfinals
- Only the top eight highest scoring competitors make it to this elimination round.
- Stage 4: Semifinals
- Only four competitors remain and each battle ends in elimination.
- Stage 5: Finals
- There are two battles left: the championship and the third-place battle.
The World Battle English Championship takes place once a year. Points accumulated during the WBEC are not applied to league play.
Objective: Critique short video clips, identifying and correcting English language mistakes.
- Each challenger will be shown several short video clips containing English language mistakes.
- Challengers must identify and correct mistakes or claim that there are no mistakes.
- Challengers will also provide suggestions for how the material could be taught more effectively.
- Challengers can comment on opponent's responses.
- Points will be awarded for each correctly identified and corrected mistake.
- Additional points will be awarded for insightful and constructive critiques.
Objective: Answer English grammar questions as quickly as possible.
- Challengers will take turns answering quick-fire questions.
- The challenger must answer within 10 seconds. If they fail to do so, the opportunity will pass to the other challenger.
- No help is allowed from the audience or external sources.
- Challengers can comment on opponent's responses.
- Each correct answer will earn points.
- The challenger with the most points at the end of the round wins.
Objective: Create an engaging and informative video lesson about a given topic.
- Challengers have 4 hours from the announcement of the topic to the submission of the final video.
- The video should be approximately 10 minutes long.
- The video must be the challenger's own original work.
- The video may use visual aids, but these must be created by the challenger.
- No pre-prepared material.
- Points will be awarded for creativity, clarity, accuracy, and effectiveness in teaching the topic.
- Audience engagement will also be considered in the scoring.
We take pride in maintaining a fair, credible, and high-quality competition. This wouldn't be possible without our panel of esteemed judges who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table. They are the backbone of the competition, ensuring each battle is judged impartially and professionally.
Expertise and Experience
Our judges come from diverse backgrounds within the field of English language teaching and linguistics. They are distinguished educators, renowned linguists, and respected language teaching professionals who have dedicated their lives to advancing the field of English education. Each one brings a unique perspective to the judging process, ensuring a well-rounded evaluation of every battle.
Integrity and Impartiality
We are committed to a transparent and fair competition, and our judges play a crucial role in upholding this principle. They have been carefully selected for their integrity and commitment to impartial judgment. Each judge adheres strictly to our code of conduct, ensuring that every decision made is unbiased and based solely on the participant's performance.
Feedback and Guidance
Not only do our judges determine the outcome of each battle, but they also provide invaluable feedback to our participants. Their insights help participants refine their teaching methods, encouraging continuous learning and improvement.
It's time to release your inner word warrior. Sign up today to enter the arena or watch the clash of linguistic titans from the comfort of your home. Join the World Battle English Championship – where we turn English teaching into an exciting competition.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
What is the World Battle English Championship (WBEC)?
How can I participate in the World Battle English Championship?
Who can participate in the World Battle English Championship?
How are the battles structured in the World Battle English Championship?
How are the winners determined in the World Battle English Championship?
What are the benefits of participating in the World Battle English Championship?
What prizes are awarded to the winners of the World Battle English Championship?
How can I stay updated on the World Battle English Championship?
Can I participate as an audience member in the World Battle English Championship?
How can I reach the World Battle English Championship team to satisfy my curious mind?
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest and greatest news and updates.